30 Day Blog Challenge Day One

TODAY’s challenge: Write a post on why you started your blog, who you wanted to reach, what you wanted it to be all about. Then state why you joined this blog challenge and what you want to get out of it

Holy Hedgehogs! I am already 10 days behind and have been waiting for the planets to be aligned before I start.
(I am going to post this on 2nd Oct to keep the sequence)

So that is the second question answered. I joined this blog challenge to kick myself into shape, to "beat the resistance" and focus my energy and eat my own dog food.

I love blogging, writing, creating content, social media, capturing moment, learning new stuff and sharing with / teaching people what to do, how to do it and and and and.... never quite keeping up myself.

I certainly don't think I need to be perfect, superhuman and invincible - but I do need to eat my own dog food!!

I am not beating myself up - I am just being open.
I over think this work waaayyy tooo much. Amazingly all my best results come from blogging, sharing and email newsletters.
However, I have dipped sharply in that consistency that I know is good for me and my readers (both of them). Everything works better when I am posting and sharing.

Why did I start this blog?
I remember writing my first blog post on a blogspot blog in 2008 - which evolved into this blog.
I had heard about blogging, had no idea what it really was but totally understood it. (Yes you did read that right).
So I started blogs for everything and everywhere and on every platform, which of course REALLY worked - well of course it did not.

Fast forward - I have three main sites - Engaging People is my "work" Sharing Economy Radio is my podcast and this one your reading right is my personal one - my "very honest life stream" and I most enjoy writing about being mentally unstable, cooking and travel on it.

I have to confess...
I am not really out to reach anyone here. I am out to connect with people and mostly people I am already connected to. With Engaging People and Sharing Economy Radio I am out to enable people building and taking part in the Collaborative Economy to communicate with each other and their customers. I have so many battle scars, wasted hours on social media and mess ups in marketing have come to the point where I know I am a "free lancer" and not an "entrepreneur" - I am delighted to save people time and money using these tools and getting connected.

Ok I am going to stop there - I have 12 days of blogging to catch up on and my son will wake up soon! ;-)

Sent from my mobile device.